Wellspring is a unique green space nestled in a secluded valley along the Milwaukee River. Guests enjoy fresh air, artesian well water, nature at its best, privacy and meeting space that invites conversation and comfort amid the 36 acres of woods and meadows, ponds and prairies, gardens and nature trails. An outdoor labyrinth offers a meditative place to reflect and reconnect with oneself and Nature. Over 80 species of birds and fowl have been sited at the feeders and ponds. Free access to wireless is available for meetings and guests.
The retreat and conference center, once a private home, has a cozy feeling, yet is spacious with a view to the outdoors. Meeting rooms and a dining room hold 15 - 30 people. Guests can stay in the main house with 2 private rooms; two sleeping areas accommodate larger groups. One sleeps 7–10 people in one spacious carpeted room and the other sleeps 14 people. Each building has one or more bathrooms with showers and plenty of hot water! Linens are provided.
Wholesome, home-cooked vegetarian meals are available (or meat dishes upon request for an additional charge). Guests are able to use the fully equipped kitchen to make their own meals. A variety of great restaurants are just 1 mile to 7 miles away.
Reservations are required with adequate time to properly prepare for your group; 24 hours minimum for individuals.
VISA, Discover and Master Card accepted.
Bed & Breakfast rooms are $75 for Nuthatch Room (full bed), $95 for Blue Heron Room (Queen & Twin bed - $25 for third person), $35 per night in Guest House/Hostel or barn loft. Members of Hostelling International get a discount.
The Wellspring office is open 9:00am - 9:00pm.
Reservations can be made by phone (262) 675–6755 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s a facilities charge for reserving the Center for groups. — see Contact Us and Find Us for contact and location information.
Having been a Bed and Breakfast since 1996, Wellspring is a now a member of the Wisconsin B&B Association.
Wellspring offers a quiet, country setting yet is minutes away from local attractions with shopping, golfing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, skiing, hiking, biking and good dining opportunities:
- surrounded by the quaint Village of Newburg - learn more at Visit Newburg and download the self-guided Walking Tour of Historic Newburg and Walking Tour Map
- adjacent to Riveredge Nature Center on the Milwaukee River with fishing possibilities and springtime canoeing or kayaking
- surrounded by country roads for biking and hiking - Just 5 miles from the 25 mile Eisenbahn State Trail and 10 miles from the Ozaukee Interurban Trail which offers 30 miles of paved bike and in-line skating trails
- 5 minutes from Sandy Knoll County Park with a glacial lake and beach for swimming
- 5 minutes from Cedarburg Bog State Natural Area (may be the southernmost string bog in North America)
- 5 minutes near is Pioneer Village a collection of over 20 buildings and structures from the 1840’s to the early 1900’s;
- 5 minutes from the “Midwest Geocaching Capital” and the Museum of Wisconsin Art, as well as, great restaurants that focus on food from local farmers and the Kettle Moraine Symphony, the Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival and more!
- 11 miles from Lion’s Den Park with Lake Michigan and hiking trails;
- 8 miles from Cedarburg with its quaint shops, brewery, winery, restaurants and seasonal festivals - the entire downtown is on the National Historic Registry and in 2011, Forbes Magazine named Cedarburg one of America’s 11 prettiest communities!
- 4 miles from 4 star rated Hawthorne Hills Golf Gourse; 7 miles from The Bog (Ranked in the Top 10 Best Overall Golf Courses in all of Wisconsin by Golf Digest 2004–2009; and 3 miles from West Bend Lakes Golf Course
- 15 minutes from the Kettle Moraine State Forest and the 31 mile long Ice Age Trail
- 15 minutes from Sunburst Downhill Ski & Tubing in Kewaskum
- 20 minutes from Lake Michigan and Harrington Beach
- 30 minutes from the Horicon Marsh with millions of migrating water fowl
- 35 minutes from downtown Milwaukee with its many attractions for all ages.
Wellspring is open year-round as a Retreat and Conference Center, a Bed & Breakfast and an International Hostel for either individuals or for small groups. Lodging discounts are available to groups and card-carrying hostellers. Wellspring is visited by over 1,500 people each year. Many cherish this environmental haven in today’s busy world.
The purpose of Hostelling International is “to help all, especially the young, to gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.” HI memberships can be purchased at Wellspring and give people of all ages the oportunity to experience U.S. and worldwide hostelling. Membership includes travel insurance, hostel guides, maps and more! Wellspring offers hostelers a unique opportunity to do some gardening.