Wellspring has been offering nature-based youth programming for over 30 years. Kids get hands-on experience with soil, plants, microbes, chickens, ducks and more! We also mix in lesson time and interactive activities to suit the needs and attention spans of children from ages 5 and up.
1. Youth Field Trips. Our Education and Community Outreach (ECO) Director will design an experience that is age appropriate, engaging, and fun, based on your youth group's specific interests and needs. Field trips cost $5 per child, and chaperones attend for free. Typically field trips are 2-4 hours, but times are negotiable based on your specific needs. Fill out the registration form to begin the booking process.
1. Seasonal Internships. We have been offering immersive, live-in, on-farm, full-time internships for over a decade. These are designed to give our interns a start in organic farming as a career.
2. Workshops. We offer hands-on workshops throughout the year, taught by experienced and passionate instructors. Foraging, fermentation, mushroom cultivation, herbalism, and more!
3. Our Garden Leader training program is for both teens and adults to learn foundational skills in organic gardening for the school or community garden. Held once a week over 8 weeks through the summer.
2. WWOOFing. As a member of WWOOF USA, we host guests from near and far who exchange a half day of work for food, board, and experience in organic farming.
For more questions on volunteering for or applying for a position on the farm, please contact our Farm Director: email@example.com
Roxanne Hanna, Education Director